Register Now for Taste of East Austin Festival & 5K
August 1, 2018
The Taste of East Austin at Whisper Valley returns this year with a brand new feature: a uniquely Austin 5K race! On Saturday, Sept. 15, join Whisper Valley for the Taste of East Austin Festival & 5K. Early bird registration tickets for the 5K are on sale now and just $25 through Aug. 15. Read on to learn more about the festival and vendors involved this year.
Taste of East Austin Festival & 5K
Saturday, Sept. 15
8 a.m.-12 p.m.
9400 Petrichor Boulevard
Whisper Valley, TX 78653
If you’re looking for a fun Austin 5K to run this fall, search no further than the Taste of East Austin Festival & 5K. Perfect for experienced runners or beginners, this 5K race will take runners through the Whisper Valley community and end at the finish line with a complimentary craft beer. All participants will receive an event swag bag, T-shirt and finisher medal. Register before Aug. 15 to lock in early bird ticket prices of $25.
Following the 5K, the Taste of East Austin festival will kick off at 9 a.m. with live music, local artisans, boutiques and plenty of delicious food and cocktails from East Austin restaurants and food trucks. The festival is free and family-friendly! Food and beverages will be available for purchase from on-site food trucks.
In addition, culinary demonstrations featuring East Austin culinary experts will take place throughout the day inside the Bosch Show Kitchen in the Whisper Valley Discovery Center.
Whisper Valley is thrilled to welcome even more Austin vendors to our festival this year! Just a few of our confirmed vendors include:
- Ladybird’s Austin Kitchen – Amazing pizza, thick sandwiches, hot vegetable dishes and more.
- Mission Dogs – Delicious bacon-wrapped hot dogs with Asian-influenced toppings!
- Elgin Meadery – A family-owned micro-meadery specializing in using both local Texas honey and varietal honeys to make unique, handcrafted meads.
- Moonstone Baking Co. – Fresh baked kolaches and more! All of Moonstone’s products are organic and baked with local ingredients.
- Mom and Pop’s All Natural Frozen Pops – All natural frozen popsicles.
- Buddha’s Brew Kombucha – Tantalizing, invigorating, and rejuvenating. Striving for optimal health, Buddha’s brews and bottles Kombucha to have the perfect balance of ingredients that support live cultures and enzymes.
- Casey’s New Orleans Snowballs – Austin’s family-run snowball stand featuring famous chocolate and cream flavors.
- Suga’s Cakery – custom cake shop specializing in cakes, cupcakes and cake pops for all occasions.
- Succulent Native – a unique succulent boutique that makes custom arrangements.
- SBS Soapery – Natural, handcrafted soaps.
- Rocket Electrics – Austin’s only exclusively electric bike store.
Don’t miss out on this exciting festival and new Austin 5K you can run with your friends! Get registered now for the Taste of East Austin Festival & 5K by clicking here.